Monday, June 18, 2007

Lost but Found

In 1999, when my DH was to leave for field training, he gave a Gund monkey to our DD. She soon named him, KiKi, and they were inseparable. KiKi went everywhere she did and was her constant companion. He moved from St. Louis to Florida to Oklahoma with us and never skipped a beat. When my DD was in pre-k she met Heath. She and Heath remains friends after all these years even tho they do not attend the same school. Two years ago, my DD was spending the night with Heath and had forgotten her dear KiKi. So, being the Mother of the Year that I am, loaded Kiki in the car and hauled him over to Heath's. In the craziness of picking my DD up the next day, we forgot KiKi. We phoned Heath's, but to no avail, he was lost. Just the other day Heath spent the night with us and my DD asked Heath if she'd found KiKi. Much to our surprise, she had!
After 2 years of separation my DD was reunited with her lovable monkey, KiKi, on June 15, 2007.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Yea! Kiki's home. I bet the girl is beside herself.