Monday, June 11, 2007

Worn Out Body

My DS wrote a blog the other day about how many bodily injuries she had sustained in one week. This gave me the idea of doing a self injury count. So here goes:
1. I bruised the bottom outside of my right foot and it's been hurting for a week.
2. While camping this weekend, my dad and I were moving around the bunk beds and, I sat the foot of one of the beds down on my left pinkie toe.
3. My hips are still sore from sleeping on an air mattress that deflated in the night and left me sleeping on concrete. (Special thanks for the deflated mattress goes out to Mom and Don)
4. My shoulders are also sore but that is from the slight sun burn.
5. I must have hyper-extended my left elbow at some point because, when Rebekah and I were playing volleyball, it keep hurting every time I passed the ball.
6. My right elbow has been injured for some time. I heard it pop one day when I was lifting weights.
7. My right index finger has been injured the longest. It's been almost 3 years since I was diagnosed with trigger finger.

With all these injuries/aches, it's a wonder how I'm still walking around. But I must suffer through. Why would I want to go into heaven with an unused body when I know I'm gonna get a perfect one when I get there? I'm gonna use up this one and wear it out.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Hey, what do we have to do with the deflated air mattress... it was that way when we used it. We've spent several nights starting out with air and waking up on the floor... i suppose using that same air mattress. I just thought it was the nature of air mattresses. :-) Anyway, you're welcome.

Leslie said...

It's heck getting old. And yes, I ought to know.