Monday, June 18, 2007

Ms Smith

I recently made a new friend who has a son that is near my DH's age. Since then, we have been having so much fun together. On Saturday night, my DF and her DS stayed the night. We had the hardest time getting the boys to go to sleep. Of course, they were sleeping in the same bed, which I'm sure didn't help. After almost an hour of trying to get them to sleep, my DF says to the both of them:
"There is a lady named Ms. Smith who will come to visit you in your dreams and take you anywhere you want to go, but you have to be asleep in 10 minutes!"
My DS "Will she take me to get a Nintendo DS?", "Will she take me on a roller coaster?"
My DF "She will take you anywhere you want to go and then she leaves a piece of candy underneath your pillow so that you remember your adventures!"
After much discussion she leaves the room only to return moments later to find both of them fast asleep. She actually thought they were playing possum but found that they weren't.
Now, I'm told that Ms. Smith will only work for certain situations and some children will get too old. Just remember, Don't forget the candy. They boys woke up to find bubble gum tape under their pillows. Children. They're great!
I can't wait to try this with my chatter-box of a niece.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah...well good luck with that and let me know how it goes.

LaVon Baker said...

OK... Nae, when you light, you need to blog with pictures. And I requested a picture of LYDIA w/ Kiki... I wanted to see her beautiful face in the picture.
I know you took lots of pics this summer.... share. Love and miss you all and waiting to hear that you have arrived home safely.
Mom